- [email protected]
- Nevada Office
- Practice Areas:
Employment Litigation & Counseling, Commercial & Business Litigation
Amy has extensive experience representing employers before federal and state courts and administrative agencies on matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, violation of wage and hour laws, and breach of contract. Her experience includes conducting all aspects of discovery, drafting motion practice, and representing clients in mediation and settlement negotiations. Amy also has extensive experience reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, employment policies and procedures, reviewing employment related contracts and agreements, and handling contract disputes related to restrictive covenants.
Amy’s natural ability to shift gears and quickly adjust to changing or unexpected circumstances is how she can balance a successful legal career with the unique demands of being a military spouse. Amy is an active member of the military spouse community. Through her involvement with multiple organizations for military spouses, she has formed relationships with military spouse attorneys all over the world and has dedicated time to helping new military spouses achieve their career goals while adjusting to the military lifestyle. Amy brings this same dedication, genuineness, and authenticity to her legal practice which allows her to build close connections with her clients that foster trust and confidence.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Grand Valley State University, Med, 2006
- Bowling Green State University, B.A.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Military Spouse JD Network, Member
- Representation of financial institution in non-compete and trade secret misappropriation matter resulting in a favorable outcome for the client.
- Representation of large timeshare company in discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claim resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Representation of numerous employers before the Nevada Labor Commissioner and Department of Labor for unpaid wages and commissions, alleged violations of the FMLA, and failure to provide meal and rest breaks resulting in favorable outcomes for clients.
- Representation of numerous employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Nevada Equal Rights Commission related to charges of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation resulting in favorable outcomes for clients.
- Junior League of Las Vegas, Annual Appeal Chair
Publications / Presentations
- Contributing Editor, Practical Law Labor & Employment, Drug Testing Laws: Nevada; Leave Laws: Nevada; Independent Contractors: Nevada; Employment Claims in Release Agreements: Nevada
- Speaker, American Association of School Personnel Administrators Human Capital Leadership Summit, October 2019, “Managing Problem Employees Who Stay” and “How to Prepare for a Deposition”